A white paper was recently completed by Katherine Johnson of Johnson Consulting regarding Marathon's role in Georgia Power's Water Heater Program. This program provided the traditional benefits of a strong water heater program but with Marathon's lifetime warranty and unconventional distribution methodology. To read more about this successful program,
download the pdf.
Don't just take our word for it. Here are just a few of the reasons our customers say they have a Marathon program:
Lifetime Load:Marathon program: Marathons' Lifetime Warranty Locks-in "Lifetime Load"
Protects our profitable water heater load: This is typically the second largest load after space heating/cooling with little seasonality — 365 days of load per year
- Helps our customers conserve energy
- Helps portray our utility as an Energy Conservation Leader Our utility can educate consumers better than plumbing contractors or home builders about products such as Marathons that are not readily available at "big box" retail stores
Can help local trade allies:
- Marathon helps local businesses compete with national retail giants
- We can work with our trade allies as our utility can send Marathon customers to local contractors
Effective load control/demand response:
- Marathons are easily controllable and effective in our load control strategy
- Can be turned off when load peaks (such as air conditioning) without lifestyle change or inconvenience: Customers will not even know Marathons are being controlled.
We help our consumers save money:
- Lifetime of energy efficiency
- Lifetime Warranty: Will not have to purchase another water heater for their home
Tie-in with leading Green Technologies & Renewables:
- Marathons are great at thermal energy storage. Only 5°F heat loss in 24 hours.
- Ties-in nicely with heat pumps and solar and make mutually support sister programs
- Conserves energy and other natural resources
- Does not create greenhouse gases (if energy source is hydro, wind, thermal solar, photovoltaic solar, wave, nuclear, etc.)
- Less in landfills: Eliminates disposing of water heaters every 10 years or so.
Saves our marketing budgets:
- Rebate once per household because of Marathons' Lifetime Warranty
- Marathon provides a proven, utility focused, turn-key marketing plan and implementation support just not available from other vendors
- Marathon offers on-site training for our staff and outside contractors
- Marathonís customer support is "world-class"
Enhances our utility's quality image:
- Superior, top of the line product
- Sets the standard for consumer satisfaction
- Manufactured in the USA by a worldwide leader